According to statistics, an average person walks around 6500 km in his lifetime. So you can imagine how much stress your feet go through in one lifetime. Cracked heels are due to years of neglect; hence do not expect positive results in two days.
– Common cause for Cracked Heels
• Standing for long periods of time
• Being overweight
• Open backed shoes
• Medical condition which causes drying of the skin, prevalent in diabetes
• Skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
Common Treatment for Cracked Heels
• Clean and moisturize your feet daily. Before going to bed, soak your feet in warm, soapy water for 15 minutes, wash and dab it dry. Take one teaspoon Vaseline, add lemon juice extracted from one lemon. Rub this mixture on your feet mainly the cracked areas. Let the skin absorb this mixture. Do this daily to get maximum benefits.
• Mixture of glycerin and rosewater applied on daily basis helps heal the cracked feet.
• Exfoliating and scrubbing your feet is very important. The accumulation of dead skin can worsen the problem. Use of pumice stone or a loofah to remove the dead skin is recommended.
• Apply oil based moisturizer on your feet, twice daily if possible.
• Pamper your feet by giving it a pedicure either at home or at a parlor. If you are too lazy to go to the parlor wash your feet in sea salt water and scrub it. Apply hand and body cream on your feet.
• In 100 gms of coconut oil add 3 teaspoon camphor and 3 tablespoon paraffin wax melted. Apply this daily on your cracked heels before going to bed. After washing it in the morning apply hand and body cream.
• Exfoliation with the help of strawberry. Crush 6-8 strawberries; mix two tablespoons of olive or almond oil and one teaspoon of sea salt. Apply this paste on your feet and use vigorous movements to improve blood circulation. Leave it for 10-15 minutes; rinse using with warm water then cold water. You could do the same thing using almonds instead of strawberries. Other scrubs can be prepared by grinding corncobs and walnut sheet (very useful for tough skin and hardened heels). The juices and oil from the different fruits and nuts helps to nourish your feet.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.